Idea & Inspiration:
GZ deserve only the best so the pressure was on when they put their trust in me to make their Save The Dates. The two are having a rustic, waterfront wedding in Maine (dreamy!) and after browsing through a few of my previous projects, they opted for letterpress with a vellum insert to unclutter our little 3.5″x5″ Save The Dates.
I always start with a clean design slate with every couple but I do ask that they provide inspiration projects and after a few Q&A’s and prototypes, we get to the finished design. Typical things I ask to help get the design juices flowing:
- Composition of package: Number of sheets?
- Size/Shape: 3.5×5? 5×7? square?
- Wedding Color / Theme
GZ wanted something:
- Would not require anything more than standard postage
- Matches their wedding colors
- Not girly colored (one of her wedding colors is dusty rose)
- Incorporating and image of something Maine is commonly known for
- Subtly implying a nearshore destination wedding.
Here it is!